If your had read our End of October update, you would be expecting for us to have a completed structure by now. That’s not quite the case, but while the timetable has slipped a little, we’re still happy with progress:
- Septic system: done.
- Foundation: done.
- Merk Leno CLT Structure: arrived and stored; to be assembled from Wednesday December 2nd (subject to weather!)
- Optiwin Windows and Doors: ETA Port of Montreal, from 4th December; arrival and installation the week after.
- Schneiderholz Wood Fibre Insulation: ETA Port of Montreal, from December 16th, installation just before Xmas;
- Walltherm wood stove, tank and solar thermal water heating system: deposit paid; can arrive within 7 days of request by the builder
- Siding and trim: to be ordered; to be installed most likely in the New Year.
- Steel roofing: to be ordered; to be installed in the New Year.
The aim is still to have a weatherproof shell by Xmas. However, it will probably not by a fully complete shell until the New Year. Then, it’s on to the interior…